Beating Spring Fever and Distraction
Spring fever can be a real distraction for students. After spending months indoors, the warmer temperatures and shining sun can make focusing on schoolwork a challenge.
The days are getting warmer and the sun is shining longer. The seasonal shift can affect both bodies and brains: people begin to feel more energized thanks to an increased desire to be outside. For students struggling during the pandemic, spring can be a welcome relief and great mood booster!
Spring Fever is Real
Thanks to increased daylight, spring can cause students to feel a surge in energy which can result in students feeling restless and distracted. The increased energy can also create an urge to procrastinate. Students who have worked very hard the entire year can actually lose their academic footing if they let their focus slip from school. Even though the school year is coming to a close, a lot can be accomplished in the time left.
Stay Motivated This Spring With These Tips:
- Keep Using An Agenda. Agendas are the best tools to help students stay organized. For extra motivation, review the agenda for a reminder of everything that has been achieved so far this year.
- Follow a Routine. Sticking to a schedule and following a routine allow for transitions between activities to run smoothly and therefore allow fewer opportunities for disruptions.
- Get organized. Spring can also bring the urge to get organized. Students can take advantage of the extra energy to organize their learning spaces, tidy their rooms, and purge any school or supplies that no longer work or that they no longer need.
- Set Learning Goals. Since spring is the season of renewal, it’s also the perfect time to set learning goals for the final report card.
- Get Extra Help. Online learning, end-of-year projects, and final exams can stress even the most organized student. Enlist the help of a professional tutor to help manage the current workload and learn helpful tips to manage spring fever and seasonal distraction. GradePower Learning has many great programs that help students make the rest of this year as successful as possible. Call today and make the rest of this year count!
This has been a very challenging year for students. Continue to focus on all the positive aspects of this year and draw attention to how resilient students have been. The effort that students put into their learning, even when they are distracted by beautiful weather, can help them overcome challenges and make the most out of this year.