What's New at Pelham
School Support Plus+
- GradePower Learning provides students a stable environment for developing academic skills and school success strategies.
- Our teachers help your student tackle virtual assignments, check progress, interpret assignments, teach concepts your child finds more challenging, and coach students to develop study plans and prepare for tests/assessments.
- Students also benefit from our GradePower Learning math, reading, and grammar curriculum, individualized for your student.
- Small student numbers provide a limited-contact environment with increased safety where students can focus on academics and still be among peers.
- Parents can choose the days and times that work best for their schedules.
WE CAN WORK WITH STUDENTS VIA ZOOM OR IN THE CENTER!
*Sibling discount: First student full price, every sibling 5% off monthly cost.
We’d like to meet your family and friends who may also need our help. Being recommended is one of the finest compliments we can receive.
Thank you for the great privilege of working with your amazing children!
For more information, please contact us at:
GradePower Learning, Pelham
349 Huntley Pkwy, Pelham, AL 35124
Birmingham Parent Magazine's
Family Favorite Tutoring center:
We are so proud of being selected for Birmingham Parent Magazine's Family Favorite tutoring center in 2020! We have received this award four years in a row - in 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020! Birmingham Parent's Directory listing says "GradePower Learning promotes self-confidence and academic success. Offering assistance and enrichment in all subject areas, any child will benefit from the extra academic attention offered here."
We welcome your call to GradePower Learning Pelham where we can answer your questions and begin a solid partnership to help your child reach his/her highest potential.
We are a cognitive development and academic enrichment center, helping students of all ages both catch up in school and excel beyond grade-level standards. Your child can receive learning enrichment and school support. Using our own proprietary curriculum, GradePower Learning goes way beyond tutoring to develop new ways of thinking, remembering, organizing, and concentrating. At GradePower Learning we approach learning differently to develop active thinking and independent learning. We specialize in building strong academic and cognitive learning skills for school success. GradePower Learning is different because we teach your child long-term success strategies and develop your child's cognitive learning and academic skills.
- To help children achieve their highest potential
- To encourage independence and imagination
- To foster a striving for excellence
- To awaken a spirit of confidence and enthusiasm
- To teach children to celebrate achievement
CALL US TODAY AND GIVE YOUR CHILD THE GIFT OF LEARNING!
Multiple payment options and no contracts make GradePower Learning an affordable and worthwhile investment for all families. In-center and virtual sessions are available.
Our Newest Online Tutoring Program, Virtual Table
Virtual Table online tutoring program uses screen sharing technology to allow students to work face-to-face with their GradePower Learning tutor using their familiar academic materials and workbooks in the comfort of their own home.
Be certain your child continues to progress academically by enrolling in GradePower Learning. Our virtual classes will help students stay on top of their education and provide some stability during these times.
Your child will love seeing familiar faces and receiving the same encouragement and support he or she gets in the GradePower Learning classroom.
Connect with us today to learn more about using Virtual Table to keep your child’s academic momentum on track!
Please note: the Virtual Table program is available to students of all ages, all grades, and all subjects. Enroll today to keep academic skills sharp, develop confidence, and prepare for the next grade.
LET’S KEEP LEARNING! Get started with Virtual Table today!
Our Team Members
Meet the GradePower Learning Pelham Team!
Meet the GradePower Learning Pelham Team!
Left to right: Scott, Stephanie, Kathy, and Harry
Ending Homework Struggles Since 2013!
As educational experts, we believe that every child deserves the opportunity to learn how to succeed in school. In 2013, we opened Pelham's GradePower Learning location so we could change the way our community's children learn using a cognitive approach to learning. Because of GradePower Learning's unique emphasis on developing learning skills, we've seen children's lives transformed, confidence renewed, and homework struggles end!
Give your child a better future by contacting our GradePower Learning Pelham team to discuss your goals for your child.
We can’t wait to see the progress that your child will make!Close
Location Specific Programs
Stay on track witH
All students will benefit from GradePower Learning. We go WAY BEYOND TUTORING. While building strong academic skills, we are also developing cognitive learning skills.
We offer in-center and virtual sessions with live teachers who are bachelor's or master's prepared!
Here's how GradePower Learning helps:
- Catch-up and Get Ahead (All Grades) - Math, Grammar, Reading, Writing, Enrichment, Study Skills.
- College Ready (Grades 10-12) - Fills Academic Gaps, Includes 1:1 ACT or SAT Prep, A Positive Head Start for College Success.
- GradePower Learning Academy - Provides Support for At-Home Learning (Virtual School and Homeschool).
GradePower Learning does it right! Call us today! (205) 620-2373
Online Tutoring - Virtual Table™
Advantage High School Success Program™
GPA 5.0 ACT
Preparing for University
What Parents & Students Are Saying
"GradePower Learning is strongly recommended. The teachers are awesome! They have been very encouraging to my son. GradePower Learning has helped my son transition from middle school to high school with high expectations. He enjoys coming to GradePower Learning and seeing how he is improving each week." -TinaGreat transition
"Never, ever did I think I would hear my daughter say that MATH is her favorite subject. You don’t know how much joy that brings to a mother’s heart. After a horrible 8th grade year in math, and barely passing to the 9th grade by 2 points, these words were music to my ears. She has blossomed into a young lady that now has so much confidence in herself and in her studies. The transformation is absolutely amazing and the credit not only goes to her for working so hard, but to the staff and owners of GradePower Learning. You guys are AMAZING! We want to thank you for your time, dedication, and commitment to our daughter. She has enjoyed being with you all, and learning from you all. It means a lot to know there are people who care so much for our kids and their education. It comes from your hearts and that truly shows. You have all made a HUGE impact on her feelings about school & math, and a HUGE impact in her heart. Thank you for your dedication and for caring about our young people and their education." -T. G.Loves math now
"GradePower Learning has had an impact my two sons greatly. Both have become more confident in their learning skills and enjoy the optimistic personalities of each teacher they have encountered. Learning has become an enjoyable experience for both of my children. Being able to progress in an environment where their benchmarks can be measured on an individual level has also assisted me as their parent to gauge their progress tremendously." -KelliThank you for progress!
"In the beginning my grandchild was not happy about starting extra classes after school but the staff was so friendly and anxious to work with her and teach her that her attitude soon changed. Her grades and learning to focus have all greatly improved. My grandchild has expanded her time to focus on a task and improved her grades. Also they have instilled a power of self-confidence. As I am a senior raising a grandchild, I was not prepared to see the great results I have seen at GradePower Learning. My child went from having notes from the principal on her report card to being selected as an ambassador at her school. It has been a true pleasure seeing all the transformation taking place in all the children from the youngest to the “big” kids. I don’t know how they do it, but all the children show a noticeable improvement. And the best part is the wonderful staff. They can work magic." -SueResults!
"I am very thankful for GradePower Learning. GradePower Learning has been so beneficial for my son. He has matured and developed in all areas of academics including confidence. I like that they individually have a plan for his success, set real goals, and are willing to let you know how they plan to master the goals. Their commitment to the students is clear and is part of the reason they have such a good reputation for what they do." -PamConfidence and goals
"I used to go to another tutoring center but when I started having trouble in school again, I chose to come to GradePower Learning. I know a bunch of people at my school that go here and they’ve said it helps them. I liked the other place, but they only helped me with my current schoolwork. I knew I wanted to come here because y’all focus on the strategies that will help me with tests and homework. GradePower Learning is exactly what I need." -High School StudentSchool success strategies
"Our son is more confident. We don’t have to tell him to do homework instead he says I need to go do homework or a project. Now he does it way ahead of time. He didn’t know how to study, to organize, or coordinate work. He’s now using all the strategies GradePower taught him. GradePower Learning is not just tutoring him, they’re also helping us as parents to ask open-ended questions such as when is your next project due." -Happy Mom and DadExactly what we need
"GradePower Learning’s ACT tutoring includes the timed practice tests that helped me focus, prioritize, and make a better score! " -ACT StudentACT and practice tests
"We had our first teacher conference this week. We were told that our grandson’s reading comprehension has risen greatly. Way to go and thank you GradePower Learning!" -BeverlyReading improved!
"The ACT course is helping me so much in my regular schoolwork too with study skills, organizing, and test-taking! It’s great!" -ACT StudentACT and high school success
"GradePower Learning has equipped my son with study skills, test taking skills, note taking skills, and project management skills. He will not only be able to use these to succeed in school, but in the rest of his life." -Sheila, mother of high school studentStronger student!
"We are so pleased with the way they teach and nurture our daughter in her learning. The staff are the true difference. It has been one of the best decisions we have made. We love GradePower Learning." -BrandonSupportive and nurturing
"GradePower Learning stood apart from the other centers I looked into because of its flexibility in working with parents on scheduling and their more wholistic approach to learning. GradePower Learning focuses on needs of the student not just academics like other centers." - RyanStands out!
Our Enrollment Process
GradePower Learning will equip your child with the learning skills needed to soar! GradePower Learning helps students reach their fullest potential. Our unique learning program develops:
- Strong academic skills and school success strategies.
- New ways of thinking, concentrating, listening, and remembering.
- The cognitive learning skills needed to understand schoolwork, approach challenging assignments, and earn better grades!
We’re specialists in the development of critical learning skills for school success!
- GradePower Learning students become confident, engaged, and motivated learners.
- Our teachers provide interactive academic coaching; students say they love having a teacher who works directly with them.
- It’s time to stop the traditional tutoring cycle! What works is teaching your child the cognitive skills for learning, and that’s the core of the GradePower Learning system - it’s learning that lasts a lifetime!
Conveniently located on Huntley Parkway near exit 242 of Interstate 65, GradePower Learning® Pelham serves students in Pelham, Helena, Alabaster, Hoover, Chelsea, Calera, Montevallo, Columbiana, and surrounding communities.
At GradePower Learning we approach learning differently. We focus on cognitive development, build strong academic skills in all subjects, improve reading proficiency, and encourage lifelong learning. In one-on-one and small group programs we teach students how to concentrate, plan, listen, organize, understand, and remember. GradePower goes beyond tutoring by giving your student the long-term benefit of knowing how to learn.
HERE’S HOW THE GRADEPOWER LEARNING PROCESS WORKS
THE ENROLLMENT MEETING and ASSESSMENT:
- The first step in getting started at GradePower Learning is to schedule an assessment and enrollment meeting. The assessment, which takes about two hours, gives us a cognitive picture of your child, identifies strengths and academic skill gaps, and points to areas for enrichment.
- The Dynamic Assessment may be the most enjoyable test your child has ever taken! During the assessment, we put your child at ease by explaining the various portions of the test and responding to questions in words that they can understand. The assessment uses internationally recognized tools to measure your child’s learning style, academic grade levels in key subject areas, and cognitive learning skills.
- While your child is being assessed, we meet with you to discuss more student information, schedule classes, and enroll your student at GradePower.
- We create a customized program just for your child; the curriculum is tailored to meet needs that were identified in the assessment and in our discussions with you. We also develop a schedule that works for you. GradePower Learning offers flexible hours to coordinate with your busy schedule.
FIRST CLASS AND ASSESSMENT REVIEW:
Here at the first class session, your child gets off to a great start with our program while we sit down with you to review the assessment results. During this meeting, we also discuss the individualized learning plan that will nurture your child’s academic strengths, address weak academic skills, build confidence, and develop understanding in a way that no other tutoring plan can. Parents receive a full in-center report professionally detailing each aspect of the process; a printed copy is yours to take home.
GradePower Learning provides a positive, interactive learning environment year-round.
- Your child’s class sessions will be filled with fun, lively discussion, and a lot of celebrating. We celebrate success and also celebrate mistakes as opportunities to learn.
- Our structured curriculum with academic coaching results in better learning, better grades, and better students for life. We have experienced, qualified, and trained teachers who guide your child to master both basic and advanced concepts that develop a love for learning.
- We encourage excellence and teach your child school success strategies: critical thinking skills, organization, attention to detail, and more. GradePower is packed with learning materials, books, and resources to help your child learn.
- After only a few sessions, you will begin to notice a change in your child’s mood, confidence, self-esteem, and attitude toward school.
Our mission is to help children achieve their highest potential.
- In partnership with you, we develop a learning plan specifically designed for your child.
- We regularly discuss your child’s progress at GradePower and at school.
- At GradePower Learning we also partner with you and your child’s teacher(s) and attend parent-teacher meetings at school.
All it takes to put your child on the path to success is your commitment and GradePower Learning to guide you. If you’ll provide the first, we’ll provide the second. Let’s get started!
Careers with Tutor Pelham
Part-time TeacherPosition Details
GradePower Learning in Pelham is seeking the best qualified applicants who love teaching and motivating others. We offer part-time opportunities to provide personalized instruction to students of all levels to help them reach their learning potential, not just for one grade or for one year, but for lasting school success!
- Teach/coach using our unique cognitive-based methods and curriculum
- Build intrinsic motivation in our students and make learning meaningful
- Dedicate themselves to helping students become confident learners
- Encourage excellence, striving to develop top skills to achieve goals
- Instruct students in a range of grades and abilities
- Assess and document student progress
- Maintain a positive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude!
- Bachelor's degree required; master's preferred
- Strong English language written and oral communication skills
- Experience with students in a teaching or tutoring environment
- Excellent organizational skills
If you have what it takes to bring out the best in our students and know you can make a difference, we want to hear from you!
Please call us at (205) 620-2373 and email your resume to: pelhamAL@gradepowerlearning.com
Math TeacherPosition Details
GradePower Learning is seeking candidates with math expertise to provide quality math coaching for students.
- Bachelor's degree; master's preferred
- Willing to teach math at high school level
- Commitment to providing an exciting atmosphere for learning
- Genuinely motivated to work with children, comfortable teaching students of varying ages, able to build rapport with students and parents, and be receptive to new educational methods.
To learn more about tutoring in Pelham, contact GradePower Learning® today!
Book your information session today!
Speak to one of our education experts face-to-face
*In-person session dependant on center/availability
It’s possible for students of all ages to encounter roadblocks when studying math. Our math tutors know how to present math problems in relatable and fun ways, so each student can find his or her own path to comprehension.
Science Tutoring in Pelham
Science is a vast subject, and it’s easy for students to be intimidated regardless of age or grade. Our tutors have created science programs that are informative, enjoyable, and engaging so your child is excited and ready to learn.
English Tutors in Pelham
A good foundation of grammar, vocabulary, reading, and writing is essential to success both academically and professionally. Our tutors work with students of all ages to make sure this foundation is solidly in place so students can achieve success.
SAT & ACT Tutoring in Pelham
Our SAT & ACT prep courses help students create a solid study plan to prepare for exams, with custom-created workbooks and study guides so your child has the tools needed to achieve the highest score possible.
Make Studying Simple!
Our students learn the simple techniques that take the stress out of studying.
Quality Tutoring in Pelham
A southern suburb of Birmingham, Pelham, Alabama has been growing steadily since the late 1990s, bolstered by its popularity with new families, young professionals, and newcomers to the Birmingham area. Considered a great place to live and work, Pelham is the perfect location for GradePower Learning®, a unique, student-centric tutoring facility that is dedicated to helping kids of all ages reach their full potential.
Here, tutors create custom study guides for each student depending on their needs, and work as much on building confidence as they do knowledge and comprehension. Learn more about our Pelham tutoring programs below.
Serving Pelham & Beyond
GradePower Learning®’s Pelham tutors are also happy to work with students from all over the area, including: Hoover, Wine Ridge, Helena, Alabaster,Calera, Montevallo and Saginaw.