QUALITY GRADE 1 ENGLISH TUTORS & HELP
With a customized 1st grade English tutoring program, your child will build a strong English foundation that will help him or her excel in Grade 1 and beyond.
In 1st grade, children begin learning the basics of reading and writing. GradePower Learning tutors teach your child to be a better writer, reader, and speller, with customized tutoring programs designed to be fun and engaging. From learning basic words to understanding the fundamentals of grammar and spelling, your child will have the support he or she needs to succeed.
GradePower Learning’s Grade 1 English tutors help students improve in reading, writing, speaking and language so they can develop the skills and confidence needed for Grade 1 English.
1st Grade English Tutoring Subjects
- Recognize the features of a sentence
- Understand spoken words, syllables, and sounds
- Read with fluency and understanding
- Write short stories about events and experiences
- Understand grammar, capitalization, punctuation, and spelling
- Understand basic word meanings and relationships
- Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown words
- Identify real-life connections between words and their use
Speaking & Listening
- Participate in conversation with peers in small and larger groups
- Ask and answer questions about key details
- Describe people, places, things, and events