QUALITY GRADE 2 ENGLISH TUTORS & HELP
With GradePower Learning’s 2nd grade English tutoring, your child will develop important skills needed to build a strong foundation in reading, writing, language, and speaking.
In Grade 2, your child is still becoming familiar with reading and writing. For struggling students, a Grade 2 English tutor for reading, spelling, writing, and more can make all the difference. By giving students the support they need at a younger age, students are able to build the critical skills needed to succeed in 2nd grade English and beyond.
Our customized programs will make sure your child is receiving help in the areas he or she is struggling in, so he or she can become a more confident student. That’s the GradePower Learning difference.
2nd Grade English Tutoring Subjects
- Apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills
- Read with accuracy and fluency
- Understand and recall key details from a text
- Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how
- Write short sentences and paragraphs about events
- Recall information from experiences to answer questions
- Participate in shared research and writing projects
- Use collective nouns and reflexive pronouns
- Produce, expand, and rearrange simple and compound sentences
- Understand grammar, capitalization, punctuation, and spelling
- Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown words
Speaking & Listening
- Recount or describe key ideas and details orally
- Tell a story or recount an experience with appropriate facts and descriptive details
- Ask and answer questions about what a speaker says to clarify comprehension
- Take part in collaborative conversations with peers