QUALITY GRADE 4 ENGLISH TUTORS & HELP
GradePower Learning’s 4th grade English help will teach your child the learning skills he or she needs to succeed in Grade 4 English and all other subjects.
Students in Grade 4 are expected to have a solid grasp of English when it comes to reading and writing abilities. Our Grade 4 English tutors help your child apply the concepts he or she is learning in class, so he or she can continue to build the foundation required to move on to understanding more advanced English skills.
Our customized English tutoring programs give students the tools they need to excel in the classroom and beyond. By signing your child up with a GradePower Learning Grade 4 English tutor, you are helping him or her develop English skills that will benefit him or her for life.
4th Grade English Tutoring Subjects
- Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text
- Explain events, ideas, or concepts in a historical, scientific, or technical text
- Determine the main idea of a text and how it is supported by key details
- Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic
- Convey ideas and information clearly
- Write short stories based on real or imagined experiences and events
- Group related information in paragraphs and sections with formatting
- Plan, revise, and edit writing
- Use relative pronouns and progressive verb tenses
- Order adjectives within sentences
- Understand figurative language and relationships in word meanings
Speaking & Listening
- Build upon others’ ideas in collaborative conversations
- Paraphrase portions of a text read aloud
- Use descriptive details and facts to report on a story
- Differentiate between contexts that call for formal or informal discourse