QUALITY GRADE 8 ENGLISH TUTORS & HELP
Grade 8 English is an important subject in a student's education—he or she should have a solid foundation in English before starting high school.
GradePower Learning’s tutoring programs are designed to make sure students have mastered the necessary English skills so they are prepared to move on to more rigorous curriculum. Our 8th grade English help will teach your child valuable communication skills while developing learning strategies he or she can rely on throughout high school.
From reading comprehension to vocabulary and spelling, GradePower Learning is here to help your child, whether he or she is falling behind or just needs a little boost. Our customized programs are tailored to meet your child’s unique needs, so your child can meet his or her full potential in 8th grade English and beyond.
8th Grade English Tutoring Subjects
- Determine the meaning of words and phrases, including figurative, connotative, and technical meanings
- Analyze details and themes in a text
- Use evidence to support analysis of a text
- Use words, phrases, and clauses to create cohesion
- Use precise language and vocabulary to explain a topic
- Produce clear and coherent writing
- Gather information from print and digital sources for research projects
- Support arguments and claims with reasons and evidence
- Form and use verbs in the active and passive voice
- Use punctuation to indicate pauses or breaks
- Use the relationship between words to understand their meaning
Speaking & Listening
- Pose questions that connect the ideas of several speakers
- Analyze and evaluate a speaker’s argument based on evidence presented
- Analyze information presented in different media formats
- Integrate multimedia into presentations to clarify information