Personalized 2nd Grade Math Help & Tutoring
With GradePower Learning®'s 2nd grade math tutors, students get a customized approach to math instruction so they can learn in a way that works for them.
For young learners, moving from first grade to second grade can feel like a big leap. The concepts students once easily grasped can begin to feel out of reach as math lessons evolve and become more complex.
Turning to Grade 2 math help outside of the classroom is a great way to ensure your child is keeping up with these challenges. Our Grade 2 math tutoring programs keep your child on track in a fun, hands-on, and supportive way. Our custom programs help students master the skills they need to build confidence and stay focused so they don’t fall behind in school. Find out how a math tutor for 2nd grade can help your child build the skills he or she needs to succeed!
2nd Grade Math Tutoring Subjects
Arithmetic and Operations
- Develop addition and subtraction skills within 100
- Mentally calculate sums and differences
- Work with groups of objects to gain a solid foundation for multiplication
Numbers and Place Value
- Understand the concept of place value
- Develop the ability to read, write, and count numbers within 1,000
- Add and subtract using an understanding of place value and the concept of ‘base ten’
Measurement and Data
- Learn about centimeters and inches by using rulers and other measurement tools
- Tell and write time in a.m. and p.m.
- Solve problems involving currency
- Use different types of graphs to record data, including bar and picture graphs
- Understand differences between shapes
- Identify triangles, quadrilaterals, pentagons, hexagons and cubes
- Divide shapes into equal shares, and become familiar with describing the shares