Personalized 5th Grade Math Help & Tutoring
GradePower Learning®’s 5th grade math tutors help your child master increasingly complex math skills with personalized instruction and customized lesson plans.
As math concepts covered in the classroom become increasingly complex, it is normal for your child to feel like he or she needs more support. Our Grade 5 math help tutoring program offers students the opportunity to receive tailored, one-on-one instruction to ensure they are mastering the skills they need to succeed in math moving forward.
If your child has been having difficulty in math, or simply wants to get ahead in his or her studies, GradePower Learning can help. Investing in 5th grade math help also means investing in your child’s ability to focus, listen to direction and think critically—skills that will benefit him or her as he or she moves into the next step of his or her education. See how a math tutor for 5th grade can help.
5th Grade Math Tutoring Subjects
Arithmetic and Operations
- Write and interpret expressions using parentheses, brackets, and braces
- Analyze and generate patterns and their relationships based on given rules
Number and Place Value
- Continue to increase knowledge of the place value system
- Read, write, and compare decimals to thousandths and round decimals to any place
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals to hundredths
- Write simple expressions that record calculations with numbers
- Add and subtract fractions
- Extend previous knowledge to multiply and divide fractions
- Apply knowledge to real-world problems involving multiplication of fractions and mixed numbers
- Divide unit fractions by non-zero whole numbers
Measurement and Data
- Convert measurement units and represent and interpret data
- Understand concepts of volume related to addition and multiplication
- Graph points in a coordinate system to help solve real-world math problems
- Classify two-dimensional figures, such as rectangles and squares, into categories based on their properties