Personalized 6th Grade Math Help & Tutoring
GradePower Learning®’s 6th grade math tutors help make sure your child stays on track while he or she is introduced to more complex math concepts and formulas.
Grade 6 is an exciting time for pre-teens as they enter a new stage of their lives and education. But with these new experiences come new challenges for students, including understanding more advanced and complex math concepts.
These challenges don’t have to be frustrating. Our 6th grade math help can teach your child the skills he or she needs to understand and master new math concepts. Working with a Grade 6 math tutor, your child will receive the additional support required to stay on top of homework and tests. Our experienced tutors can help your pre-teen understand math at a faster pace so he or she has more time to enjoy family, friends, and extracurricular activities. Learn how a math tutor for 6th grade can help your child.
6th Grade Math Tutoring Subjects
- Gain familiarity of ratios and use the proper language to describe a ratio relationship between two quantities
- Apply understanding of ratio and rate to solve real-world math issues
Number Systems and Fractions
- Divide fractions by fractions by applying their previous skills in multiplication and division
- Adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing multi-digit decimals, as well as finding common factors and multiples
Expressions and Equations
- Extend previous skills in arithmetic to more challenging algebraic expressions
- Solving one-variable equations
- Learn how to represent and analyze quantitative relationships between variables
- Identify parts of an expression using accurate terminology
- Solve real-world problems using area, surface area and volume
- Represent three-dimensional figures using nets
- Find the surface area of three-dimensional shapes
Statistics and Probability
- Understand statistical variability
- Work with distributions and summarize numerical data sets
- Learn how data sets can be described by their center, spread, and shape