Personalized 8th Grade Math Help & Tutoring
GradePower Learning®’s 8th grade math tutors use a cognitive approach to help your teen develop his or her math abilities and learn skills that will help in the classroom and beyond.
With high school just around the corner, there is no better time to invest in your child’s future success. Signing your teenager up for 8th grade math help with a GradePower Learning tutor can make all the difference in how well he or she understands the challenging concepts that will act as a stepping stone for future studies.
With everything else on their plate, students don’t need the added stress of struggling with math. Whether your child needs extra support and attention while trying to grasp new skills and ideas, or simply wants to turn B’s into A’s, our experienced Grade 8 math tutors will create a personalized lesson catered to his or her needs. Find out how a math tutor for 8th grade can help your child succeed.
8th Grade Math Tutoring Subjects
- Understand irrational numbers
- Learn to use rational approximations of irrational numbers to compare their size
Expressions and Equations
- Work with radicals and integer exponents in a variety of situations
- Understand connections between proportional relationships, lines, and linear equations using graphs
- Analyze and solve linear equations
- Define, evaluate and compare functions in a variety of ways
- Use functions to model linear relationships between quantities, using appropriate graphs and charts
- Understand congruence and similarity using physical models and geometry software
- Solve real-world problems involving volume, using cylinders, cones, and spheres
- Apply the pythagorean theorem to determine unknown side lengths and the distance between two points
Statistics and Probability
- Develop skills in statistics and probability
- Investigate patterns of association, using techniques such as scatter plots, tables, and charts