Advantages Of Online Learning (and Tutoring) at Home
The advantages of online learning might not be clear at first. Switching to learning online at home is not necessarily a change we would have made for ourselves. Online learning requires responsibilities that we are not used to handling at home; however, there are many advantages of online learning and online tutoring that can help your child continue his or her academic momentum at home.
What’s the difference between online learning & online tutoring?
- Online Learning—spending time learning online through arranged online classes or through self-directed learning using games, workbooks, or activities on learning-based websites.
- Online Tutoring—your child receives one-on-one interactive instruction from an online tutor.
8 BENEFITS OF ONLINE LEARNING & ONLINE TUTORING
- Convenient. Your child can go from lunch or playtime straight to online tutoring. There’s no need to change clothes, pack a lunch, or drive to school. The classroom is in your house!
- Flexible. Online learning or online tutoring can happen anywhere in the house your child is comfortable! Connect with online tutors, teachers, and classmates from the couch or the kitchen table!
- Less Stressful. Your child is probably more comfortable at home than anywhere else, so naturally this is an empowering and relaxed environment to maximize the benefits of online learning.
- Reviewable. If your child’s online class or online tutoring offers recordings, he or she can review lessons as needed, make notes, and spend more time on areas that are challenging.
- Less Distracting. Students are able to control their online learning or online tutoring environment and reduce distractions at home much better than they are able to in a noisy class with classmates to chat with.
- Customizable. Online learning and online tutoring students don’t have to move to a different classroom because the bell rang, which means they are able to learn at their own pace, making notes or asking questions of their online tutor. There is also less pressure to keep up with other students. Online learning is not only for children; it’s also for adults who want to continue their studies, e.g., online university for military.
- Comprehensive. Whether your child is in preschool learning to read, in elementary school building math skills online, or building better writing skills online for college entrance exams, online learning and online tutoring cover every age, grade, and subject possible.
- Safe. There is no safer place than home right now during the Covid-19 pandemic. Being able to adhere to social distancing while learning is a major online tutoring benefit.
If the global pandemic has taught us anything, it’s the importance of keeping your mind busy. That’s why we think online tutoring is a great way to keep motivated and stay on track. Check out our Resource Roundup for great ideas on how to keep busy and keep learning online.