Tackle Homework Issues Now (Before They Become a Problem)
Homework and homework issues are part of being a student. Homework helps students practice skills, cement concepts learned in school, and prepare for future classes.
But if your child struggles to start homework it can be challenging to know how to help. Some common reasons students struggle with homework are poor comprehension, learning gaps, disorganization, low confidence, and poor motivation, which can make homework frustrating, tedious, and stressful.
If you notice your child having trouble completing assignments or homework, these tips can help.
10 Tips To Tackle Homework Issues
- Ensure your child is using a school agenda or planner every night and writing assignments in it every day in class. Parents can check the agenda at night and remind their kids about assignments that might be overlooked. Learn more about school planners.
- Establish a regular homework time and place for each child. Ensure they have everything they need to complete the assignments, such as pencils, paper and books. Read more about Study Studios.
- Talk with the teacher about how much homework is appropriate for the grade level and subject. Read more about recommended homework guidelines.
- Ask your children what they need help with and then provide them with the help they need, such as a personalized tutoring program with GradePower Learning.
- It’s important that parents not complete homework for their children. Parents can assist their children by going through examples, asking leading questions, monitoring frustration, and setting time limits.
- Set boundaries. Make sure your children understand what you expect of them. Explain that they must complete homework before other activities, such as television or playing with friends.
- Ensure your child is not multitasking while doing homework. Focus on one assignment at a time. Multitasking means students won’t absorb the information they are working on.
- Be sure your child gets enough sleep and exercise. Encourage them to eat healthy foods and make sure they get enough vitamins. If your child has trouble with homework and can’t seem to concentrate, speak with their doctor.
- Explain that homework is important and encourage them to do their best. Make sure they understand how it will help them in the future. Focus on effort rather than achievement. This reinforces perseverance when assignments are challenging.
Say Farewell to Homework Issues with GradePower Learning.
Homework tips and study skills are built into every GradePower Learning program. Along with subject comprehension support, homework goes from stressful to stress-free! Tackle your child’s homework issues with a tutoring program at GradePower Learning.
Contact a location to get started today.